Tuesday, July 13, 2010

2 Birthdays

July is birthday month for us. B's is on the 1st, my Dad's is on the 3rd, Big Sis is on the 5th, my brother's is on the 7th, my Mom's is on the 15th, and mine is on the 18th. We get real sick of birthday cake in July!!

B could hardly wait for his birthday this year. He asked me every day for a month "How many more days until my birthday, Mom?" He turned 5 and will start kindergarten this year. I can't believe I will have 3 in school.

All the neighbor boys do "nerf wars" outside. My boys didn't have too many nerf guns, so B asked for a nerf gun for his birthday. This is what he got.


You pump it up and then you pull one trigger to shoot the big rocket in the middle, and another trigger to shoot all the darts around the outside. He loves it, and I have already regretted buying it for him - here is why: I heard him and Big Sis arguing about a toy. B wanted it and Big Sis had it. He told her repeatedly to give it to him to which she replied "no". Then I hear him pumping his gun. I walk into the living room to see B pointing the gun at his sister at point blank range. I said "What do you think you are doing?" He said "But she wouldn't give me the toy!" Yes, we had a little talk.


He also got some legos. My boys LOVE legos. I don't know why I buy the sets because they usually just build something random.

B didn't want a cake again this year. He wanted doughnuts. See the picture in my header? Yeah, this year looked exactly like that only with 5 candles.

Big Sis could hardly wait for her birthday either. She was so fun to buy for this year. She got all the princess costumes and shoes, a little tiara, and a fairy princess wand. She also got some books. I don't have a picture of her in her princess stuff yet. I will post those later. Do you think she is going to be spoiled?? =)

John's parents just left and my brother and his daughter just came into town. We have been having lots of fun and I will post pictures of that later. Hope you are enjoying your summer!!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Wow! What a whirlwind of activity at your house! I always had the same problem with these gun toys. I wish I wish I wish boys didn't love them so much! Lucky you, though, you get to go from nerf guns to the princess world. Can't wait to see those photos!