Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Things I Love

I love this time of the year for so very many reasons, here are just a few...

Christmas decorations.  I love walking through my house, it makes me smile.





We all love our Elf on the Shelf, Buddy.  The kids race downstairs every morning to be the first one to find him.  Buddy gets pretty creative in his hiding spots!!


I love making Christmas cookies with the kids.



The kiddos look forward to making a gingerbread house every year.




I LOVE watching my kiddos have fun in the snow.  Isn't she the cutest thing you have ever seen?



I think I am just as excited for Christmas morning as the kids are.  I love reading the Christmas story with the family, and love watching everyone open their gifts.  Usually I know exactly what is under the tree, but John managed to sneak a present in for me and I have no idea what it is.  I feel like a 5 year old kid again!!

3 comments:

Maryle said...

I love your decorations. I'm taking notes for next year. I'm so jealous that you have snow. We have had only 2 snow showers so far, and both were melted within a day. Not enough for the kids to play in. Have a Merry Christmas!!! Love you guys!

Maureen said...

This time of year is just so magical, no matter how old you get! I think I almost love the preparations and the days leading up to Christmas as the day itself! Cookies with the kids, gingerbread houses, decorating the house and the tree ... and memories that will warm your soul forever!

Maddy said...

Our Elf is Buddy too! I'm a little bit of Scrooge this year just because we've been so busy and I've been doing it all alone, so it's good to read a blog to remind me of what I love too!