Doesn't he look so cute? His baptism was awesome!! I think J was nervous as we were sitting there waiting for things to get started, but he calmed down when we started singing the opening song. J's Grandpa (my Dad) gave a great talk on baptism. He talked about how Jesus was baptized by the proper authority and in the proper way, and how that authority was taken off the Earth until a young boy prayed about which church to join. He talked about what a wonderful decision J was making to be baptized a member of the church. I was impressed that J was listening intently.
Then John and J got up and walked into the font. This is when I thought I would loose it and start bawling. I did get a little misty eyed as he was baptized but controlled myself until he came back out - all shiny, and smiling - and gave me a hug. I let a few tears slip out then. He just seemed different, all grown up somehow. I felt many different emotions - joy that he had made a good decision, awe and amazement that I have the opportunity to be his mother, and a little twinge of sadness that he is growing up so fast.
J's Grandma (John's Mom) gave a talk about the Holy Ghost and how it was a gift that would never get used up, broken, or have to be thrown away. She talked about all the different ways the Holy Ghost could help us, and then J was confirmed a member of the church.
Again, J listented intently to every word of the talk. A member of the Primary Presidency gave the "primary welcome" and gave J a book. The Bishop spoke for a little while and then his baptism was over.
It went quickly, and I had J write in his journal about it before he forgets all the things that happen. If you have ever seen the movie Stepmom, there is a part in there that always makes me cry. The quote is (about Mom's) "you know every story, every wound, every memory. Their whole life's happiness is wrapped up in you...every single second." So, he may forget some of the things that were said and what happened, but I never will. I will always remember this special day. Isn't that what Mom's are for?
The next day was fast and testimony meeting. We have been talking to J for months about bearing his testimony. We really wanted him to, but weren't going to make him. I wanted to bear my testimony as well, but always get so nervous. About 10 minutes into the meeting, J stood up and said "Come on Mom". So up we went. I went first and bawled almost the whole way through it, and then Jordan went after me. It was another special moment.
Here is a picture of all of us at the baptism. I love the looks on some of the faces of my boys!!



6 comments:
YEAY!!!!! What a great day. You guys look so cute! :D
What a special day! I'm glad I could be there! It makes me kinda emotional knowing we're right behind ya with Nicole! They grow up too fast!
How wonderful What a Special Special day and what a good kid from a great Mom
Congrats, what a special day.
Loved this post. They DO grow up too fast.
I can't believe how fast they grow up! He looks so proud and happy. What a special day! And what a cute family!
Post a Comment