Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dumping My SD Card

I was dumping pictures from my camera to my computer when I saw that I had pictures I had not blogged about yet. So here is another long blog post, with some things that have kept us busy the last little while.

J got his Webelos badge and is on track to earn every activity badge because of his awesome Webelos leader (me!). The cubmaster has this cool sword that he brings and when the scouts advance he "knights" them their new rank. The boys love it!!

T celebrated his 8th birthday. I still haven't posted his baptism pictures and I am not going to do it here - I think that needs its own post. On his actual birthday he got to open presents, eat at Texas Roadhouse (the boy loves steak), and eat cinnamon rolls instead of birthday cake. He wanted to go to Chuckie Cheese for his party, but he wanted to wait until his grandparents came up. They didn't make it out because of the horrible weather, so we didn't end up going there. We totally owe him a night at Chuckie Cheese which we will try and do tonight.

For his birthday he got several lego sets, several bionicle sets, a lego watch, a set of scriptures, a new tie, and a new bike.
I know it looks like he is crying here, but we actually made him close his eyes as John wheeled his bike in the room.

Ah, he was excited, even though he won't be able to ride it until it gets warmer.

T also had his second grade play. It had been cancelled because of the weather, but they finally rescheduled it to last Thursday. They did the production "Bugz".
There were butterflies, caterpillars, fireflies, maggots, a stink bug...



...army ants...



...lady bugs...

...My son was cast as a choir member. It seems like that is what my kids are always cast as. Actors they will not be. Oh well. T is on the top row, the second one from the right.

I still have some more things to post about, but that is all for right now. We've got lots to do today and I am still in my jammies. Better get moving!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

And what a cute choir member he is! I love his face getting the new bike. My kids are out today in this beautiful sunshine!

Congrats to J! He's lucky to have you!