Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Opening of Costco

So, the Costco they have been building forever here finally opened today. I had no intentions of going there for at least a week because I figured they would be horribly busy. However, John came down the stairs today and said "Let's go!!" So we went. They were really busy, and apparently it is a huge deal because they had news crews there and lots of policemen and all kinds of free samples (love the free samples). We were standing in line when one of the camermen came walking by and John said "Start dancing or something so we can get on tv." He made eye contact with the cameraman which apparently in the tv world means you want to be on camera. So, the cameraman came over and asked John if he wanted to be on the news and of course John said yes. So he got interviewed and will be on channel 5 news tonight. There is his 15 minutes of fame!! I'll have to set the DVR to record it.

3 comments:

Leah Marie said...

Free samples are the best thing about Costco. Well, that and buying cheap things in bulk.

On an unrelated matter (because you asked on my blog) the fourth book in the Twilight series is set to be released on Aug. 2.

I'm also, clearly, so excited about the movie. I'm thinking about getting burgundy contacts for the occasion.

Holly said...

I love Costco! Seriously, the greatest store ever!

Mitch said...

Can you post the news interview with John? I think it would be funny to watch.