Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Happenings

We had a fun and busy weekend. Saturday morning John and I went up to the temple. It has been a couple of months since we have gone (I know we are slackers). Going to the temple here is a big affair. You have to have a good 4-5 hour chunk of time to drive up to Denver, which is probably why we don't go as often as we should. Well that and the fact we have a new baby. After our session we stopped and had breakfast. It was nice to be able to eat my breakfast without having to cut up the kids food and get them all ready to eat. Warm food tastes good!! After we came home we spent the rest of the day babysitting our friends children so they could go to the temple. By the end of the day John and I were tired and said silent prayers of thanks that we do not have 8 children all roughly the same age!!

Sunday we went to church and skipped out after sacrament so we could drive up to Loveland (about 2 hours away). John's long time friends ( remember Chris Woodson anyone?) were celebrating some birthdays so we spent the whole day up there. We ended up staying way too late and John and I were practically holding our eyes open so we wouldn't fall asleep on the way back. We had a lot of fun though. We introduced Chris and Karen to a game called Ticket to Ride. Has anyone played this game? It is a cool game.

So that was our weekend. I have to include something funny B said. I was asking him to do something and he turned to me and said "Yes, Mother frog" and then started chuckling like it was the funniest thing ever. He's always good for a laugh.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love Ticket to ride, though my borhter always kicks my trash when we play. I always take the late shift driving, because Matt passes out as soon as it gets dark, or his head hits the floor, or he gets comfortable, or he stands still for more than 5 minutes. Oh the life of a resident. Where are you in Colorado? We hope to possible end up there someday.

bedelia said...

I remember Woody.

Maddy said...

WOW! That's a lot of kids. The last time we went to the temple we were gone for 5 hours and I just about FREAKED because I've never left Sadie with a teen ager that long. I'm back to going at 5:3o in the morning because it's ten times faster.