Thursday, October 22, 2009

This Is What Happens When You Ban TV

Yes, I have put a ban on tv in our house for the last couple of days. Frankly, we were just watching too much and I was starting to get disgusted. Today the kids got crafty. All day long they have been coloring me pictures and bringing them to me. Even Baby Girl has been bringing me her "papers". When I got back from the store last night, I saw this


My kids had decorated the fridge with their drawings. It looks so good I think I'll leave it. I like this no tv thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOur so good. The kids do great on sunday with no TV. But in the morning I just don't want to get out of bed at 5:30.

Mel said...

Fridge looks good. Hopefully the house is quiet without it. (Sometimes there is too much fighting without it) Thankfully my house has been quiet lately, which is very nice!

Tara said...

That's what my fridge looks like right now, too! How funny! I think the kids are MORE than ready to go back to school, what do you think? ha ha!

Maureen said...

I remember our TV free week, and I actually wound up liking it. We spent a couple of nights playing games and making popcorn on the stove and man, the books I got read! I love the fridge. It's a keeper!

Teeples Family said...

I have done the same thing--and frankly, it works pretty well during the week. We have so much going on after school that the TV was keeping us from getting done! Now the kids have no choice but to practice their music, play games and read! Emma has even become an UNO officianado! Of course, they DVR their favorite shows and look forward to watching them after school on Fridays, and Saturdays. But that'a okay with me...