On Thursday I attended a Photoshop class with Scott Kelby (and 600 other people but who cares about them). First I have to say that I am not the kind of person who asks for autographs, or even cares what celebrities are doing. Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt could walk by and I don't think I would care in the least. But I started this little photography hobby of mine, and Scott Kelby entered my life via book and the internet. I love his sense of humor, I love his photography style, and well I just plain like him. So, when I found out he was teaching the class I thought about taking one of my books up and asking him to sign it. At the class they gave us a free copy of his latest book and he even announced that he would love to sign it if anyone would like. Yippee!!
Check this out:
Saturday my friends and I went to see Wicked! LOVED it! If you haven't seen the play, I highly recommend it. Do NOT read the book though, it is highly inappropriate(the play is not inappropriate). We met at The Cheesecake Factory for lunch, and then went to the theater. The only picture I got (and it's with my point and shoot) is this one.



3 comments:
What a great week for you. I am sure John was happy to help you get some "Rachael" time. I love taking classes. I want to take more. :-) Wicked is amazing, I am glad you got to go to that too.
Congrats to John for winning the costume contest. He looked awesome!
I'm SO glad you had such a great week. And the autograph is pretty sweet too.
I know what you mean about celebrities. The only time I worked for a signature was for a British mystery writer who came to my hometown once. I left the baby and my two-year-old with Stan and hot-footed it to the book signing. It's still special to me as your signature will be to you!
It was lots of fun. And yummy too! I think it was even better the second time around, so you better take John next time you go. Karl really liked it when we went.
Post a Comment