Thursday, November 5, 2009

Why I'm a Bad Mom, Reason #51

Yesterday Baby Girl was wearing pants that sat a little low on her hips. I think they are a little too big for her. Every time she bent over, half her bum would hang out. It seemed like every time I turned around I was getting a full moon. The boys thought it was hilarious! A good Mom would have changed her into more modest pants, right? Not me. Instead we all sat behind her and sang "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes." Every time she touched her toes we would crack up. She thought we were laughing because she was doing the song actions so she just kept right on. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Does that make me a bad Mom? Yeah, I thought so.

At least I didn't take a picture and post it here, then reason #52 would have to be "I take pictures of my children and exploit them on the Internet".

9 comments:

Karla said...

I must be a bad friend then because I laughed my head off as I was reading your post. So hilarious.

Maureen said...

The last thing in the world that you are is a bad mom. Do you see those happy, sweet faces at the top of your blog?

Besides, if we didn't occasionally laugh at our children we would implode. Kids do funny things! And a cute little baby's bum is pretty darned cute, if you ask me.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Yes, as I was reading your blog I thought, no, you'd only be a bad mom if you had pictures of it on your blog. You refrained from doing that...so enjoy the humor in our station in life!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I'll take the first reason as a HA and the second as that's just silly-- so of course not:)

Jamie said...

ha ha I think it's in our job description to laugh at our children :)

And I am totally guilty of #52

Anonymous said...

Annmarie has a pair of shorts like that. They are her size but do not fit at all up top. They are her favorite ones too. I would have taken a photo. I don't think I would have published it though.

COKE FAMILY said...

I think that is great! It is ok at her age. It is when she is a teenager and still showing her bottom. Can't believe some of the girls these days are allowed out of the house! WOW.....does that make me officially old?

Tara said...

That's HILARIOUS!!! You're not a bad mom, you're a FUN mom who can laugh at funny things! AND that IS funny!!!

Maddy said...

Then I'm a HORRIBLE mom! I love pinching Sadie's little bum, especially when she puts her undies on wrong.