Beautiful, no? I definitely live in a beautiful state. This year I also wanted to get some "different" pictures. I am reading a FABULOUS book (thanks Dad) that has been challenging me to think a little "outside the box" when it comes to camera settings. I wanted to experiment a little at the balloon festival this year. I took this picture of the crowd watching a balloon inflate: Thursday, September 9, 2010
Be Honest
We go to the Balloon Festival here every year. We love it! Every year I take pictures like this:
Beautiful, no? I definitely live in a beautiful state. This year I also wanted to get some "different" pictures. I am reading a FABULOUS book (thanks Dad) that has been challenging me to think a little "outside the box" when it comes to camera settings. I wanted to experiment a little at the balloon festival this year. I took this picture of the crowd watching a balloon inflate:
Beautiful, no? I definitely live in a beautiful state. This year I also wanted to get some "different" pictures. I am reading a FABULOUS book (thanks Dad) that has been challenging me to think a little "outside the box" when it comes to camera settings. I wanted to experiment a little at the balloon festival this year. I took this picture of the crowd watching a balloon inflate:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
I like it but your craftsmanship sucks. Seriously though, I do like it. I think it adds a lot of interest. I think the other pictures you've taken of the balloons are great but I like that this one is different. I look at it longer whereas with the others I just pass through them. I don't mean that as a hit on the other pictures just showing this one hold's my attention longer. I wonder if I'd like it better in black and white.
Okay, you know I love everything you do with your camera. I think you're talented and have an amazing eye. That said ...
I love silhouette shots like this. I especially love the rays peeking around the edge of the balloon. It has an otherworldly quality that I find intriguing. I love how you can see the shapes of the people clustered around it too. It's eerie and beautiful all at once. Like the other comment said, it would be cool in b&w too.
Could you do a picture like that of a barren tree? I've been looking for a photo like that.
Anyway, lets see more! :D
My craftsmanship sucks??? Ha, That brought back all kinds of highschool art class memories!! Thanks for your opinion, I'll have to see how it looks in black and white.
Maureen, I will look for a nice barren tree to take a picture of. I might have to wait until the leaves fall though. I'll get back to you. Thanks for your comment!
I love the black and white one! It reminds me of an old fashioned county fair!
Love love love the pictures!!!!
Eh, it's not my favorite because I love the vivid colors on the first one, but it's pretty cool.
Don't like it in black and white, but do love the first one. I think why this one is more interesting is because that is not how the eye would see it. At least not with the sun coming up, there would be more color, but just that hint of color draws interest, whereas in black and whit that is lost. Also, most pictures of balloon festivals are beautiful because of the vibrant colors, but that is also why they might not be as interesting, because it is a more of a seen that before reaction than ohhh, that is different.
That being said, after looking at it again, I think it would be better without the stuff in the background. Just the crowd, sun and balloon. That would be cool.
I have to say I like to see photos of crowds (I love people watching) but I like to beable to see the crowd. does that make sense? I love the rays of the sun though.
Post a Comment