Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm Not Irish, But Kiss Me Anyway

Happy Saint Patrick's day!! This morning I got up and made the kids green eggs for breakfast. They thought it was pretty cool except that we didn't have any ham to go with it - a fact that was lamented by all the kids.

Looks appetizing doesn't it??


The boys all made sure they wore green to school so they wouldn't get pinched.
I didn't have any green on, so B pinched me several times as I was cooking.


Lil Sis entertained us all at the table by performing her new talent - making fart noises by blowing on her hand. She's a child prodigy that one!

One of these years I think I'll try and make an authentic St. Patrick's Day celebration dinner, but none of the traditional foods ever really sound that good to me. Do you have a favorite dish that you make every year?

4 comments:

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I actually like Corned Beef and Cabbage and make it every year. Your eggs look disgusting, Don't mean to insult you, but I am sure they tasted great.

COKE FAMILY said...

Mike is making corned beef again! UGH...I may just stop at McDonalds on the way home. Green eggs sure looked fun!

Rach said...

Ha Ha Shannon, I am so insulted about the eggs!! =) I thought they looked disgusting too, and had to cover them with a mound of cheese before we ate them. The kids thought it was awesome though!

Maureen said...

Yeah, those eggs are weird looking. I used to fill the boys thermoses with green milk, and one year Kevin insisted he not have green milk on St. Patrick's Day. So I gave him blue milk instead. His teacher told me that was a bit gross. I thought it was funny!