Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sigh

I don't know why I can't seem to find time to sit and blog lately. Okay, so I know why - we have been busy. But I always used to find time for it before. I need to get back in the habit.

Here are a few things that have been going on around here lately:

We had the Blue and Gold Banquet for Scouts. It was a lot of fun to put together and attend. T got his Bobcat badge. He loves scouts and was so excited to get his very first badge.

In the ward I grew up in, they would turn the scouts upside down, pin the Bobcat badge on and then tell the boys they couldn't turn the badge the right way until they had "done a good turn". Regretfully they don't do that in our ward, but at least I got a hug!

Looking through my camera I had a lot of pictures of Lil Sis sleeping. I love to watch her sleep. I used to think that Heavenly Father must be bored out of his mind watching us all the time. I thought it might be exciting sometimes when we were doing something interesting, but most of the time I thought he was probably bored. Then I had a child and I realized that parental love is warm, reassuring, watchful, anxious, overflowing, hopeful - never boring. I could sit and watch her all day - even, no especially when she is doing nothing but sleeping.

She has also started waiting by the back door when her sibllings go outside. She wants to be with them so badly. I take her out when I can, but she would be happy to tag along with her siblings all day.



Another sleeping picture.




She also turned 9 months old and I never posted her picture. She is 10 months old now and I need to take her 10 month pictures. Pretty soon I'll be posting her 1 year pictures. I just can't believe she is growing so fast.


John has been doing some projects around the house that I can't wait to post pictures of, and we are talking of finishing our basement. Any know any good basement finishers??

2 comments:

Paul and Susan said...

You don't want to pay someone. We did our Loveland basement ourselves. It's fun. He only hit my thumb with a hammer once.

Karina said...

I love watching my baby sleep too! I'm so tired at the end of the day that I can't wait for him to go to sleep, but when he finally does I just want to look at him.