Sunday, November 6, 2011

Growing Up

We took down the gate at the top of our stairs this last week because we don't need it anymore.

All my newborn baby stuff has been cleaned out of the basement.

Today my last baby started nursery.

I'm going to have to start cherishing moments like this more because they are slipping away.


My little family is growing up and I don't know how I feel about it some days. It's exciting to start a new phase in our lives but always sad to end a chapter. Bittersweet feelings today.

3 comments:

Leah Marie said...

Sometimes I get that feeling and think I must need to have another baby. But, I know that's not it. I could have 10 more, and still feel that way when the last one grew up. It is bittersweet. I look forward to all the adventures I'll have with my boys as they grow, but I'm sure going to miss having a baby to snuggle...

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I am with you, lately though it seems more bitter than sweet. Maybe I should've joined you and had the fifth...oh well too late now. We are even almost past preschool age now.

Paul and Susan said...

It is a little sad to see a stage in their lives end, but that is just signaling a new stage beginning and each one holds so many joys as you watch them bloom and then learn to fly. Ultimately, our job is to teach them not to need us any more and with that comes the realization of who really needs who. Then the next generation comes along and you get to hold new little ones again and watch your children become much better parents than you ever were and then comes the realization that you did a good enough job. And it is all worth it. Thanks, Rachael, for being such a great mom.