Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween Fun

Is it just me, or is everyone glad when Halloween is over?  My kids absolutely love the holiday but now I have to figure out to do with 20 pounds of candy (and me eating it is not an option).

We had a fun Halloween weekend starting with our ward Fall Festival.  My kids were so looking forward to this.  I think they started the countdown three weeks before.


One of my friends gave me this cute costume because she had two of them that she bought in England.  I loved it, but this is how Lil Sis felt about wearing the hat.


 Though I did get one picture of her before she ripped it off.







 Big Sis with her BFF.  I LOVE their faces in this.


Saturday we went to an outside Halloween party.  It was nice that it was actually warm enough to go.



John and his friend tried to win a free helicopter ride by sling-shotting pieces of pumpkin into a barrel.  John was seriously inches from the barrel.  So close!



Right after this party we headed to the high school for another party.  I have no pictures of this because it was too dark inside and I was tired of lugging around the camera and a toddler.  This party was the first time my kids were exposed to the "spookier" side of Halloween.  Some of them loved it, some of them were in tears.  I won't say which kids did which.

Sunday we got together with some friends and carved pumpkins.  This year we let the boys draw and carve their own pumpkins.  Nobody lost any fingers so it was a successful night!





 Cue "Psycho" music here!!


 And here they are waiting not so patiently on the steps for the neighbor kids to come so they could go trick or treating.

Lil Sis stayed with me and handed out candy at the house.  She was so stinkin cute.  She wore her costume and carried her pumpkin to the door every time someone rang the door bell.  When I gave candy to someone at the door I had to also put a piece of candy in her pumpkin.  Then she would say "bye bye" like 10 times as I was closing the door.  I had several people tell me how adorable she was and ask if they could take her home.  She was so cute I had to take her to a couple of the neighbors house so she could trick or treat too.

Thanksgiving here we come!


No comments: