Okay, got it figured out. Bedelia (and Jordan) and Melanie you were right - had to go purchase more space. Good thing it is only $5 a year! I feel like a smuck posting about Christmas so late, and I don't even have that many pictures, but here we go anyways!
On Christmas Eve we did our traditional reading of "The Night Before Christmas" in our jammies and drinking hot chocolate.
Christmas morning was a little unusual this year as it fell on a Sunday and we have 8:30 church. I told the kids they could look through their stockings and then we would open presents after we got home. Some people thought I was mean for doing this, but to me Christmas is about Christ and not the presents. I figured, what better way to celebrate Christmas morning than by actually going to church (we had a really nice program too). The kids didn't mind at all, and I didn't hear one complaint or groan! It was the perfect start to our morning!
When we got home from church we all changed back into our pajamas and started opening presents. Here are the kids in various stages of opening presents:
Even Dash got to open some presents!
I love this one of Lil Sis. She got her stuffed bear, her princess pillow and blanket and went and layed down. She looked so cozy!
We had a wonderful morning with cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole, hot chocolate, and lots of playing with toys and putting things together. More and more I am getting to where I don't like to travel for Christmas. I like to wake up in my own house and do my own traditions and celebrate with my family. That evening we had dinner with John's brother and his family. It was a lot of fun!
A few days after Christmas my Dad and Stepmom came into town to visit. We had a blast with them going to the movies, to Art Sports, skating, and swimming. My kids LOVE their grandparents.
It's always a little sad when the holiday season is gone, but nice to get back to normal. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year!










1 comment:
We had 8 am church and the kids could just look at their stockings and when we got back from church we put our jammies back on too! Also - my youngest got the same teddy bear as your youngest! Cute pictures!
Post a Comment