Friday, November 16, 2007
Just an ordinary day
Not much to report today. Just standard operating procedure. Baby Girl has been a little grumpy today probably because she cannot get a decent nap. Earlier today I came into the family room where B was shoving DVD's into the DVD player and then walked into the front room where T was sticking Cars stickers on the wood floor (which took us an hour to scrape off). I guess they were bound to get into some trouble this afternoon because they were so good at the store this morning (the naughtiness builds up if they don't get it out). Small side note: It is interesting going out in public with a new baby. I think I have successfully figured out how to tactfully maneuver my cart away from those people who want to touch the baby and let their kids see and touch the baby. Now I don't mind people looking at my baby and telling me how cute she is, but I enforce a strict no touching policy. I even had someone ask if they could hold Baby Girl once. Creepy!!! I can almost always spot these baby touchers a mile away and then I yell "Employ evasive maneuvers" and my kids and I disappear in a cloud of smoke to the opposite end of the store (I wish). Anyway, I put the Thanksgiving turkey in the fridge today to start defrosting. This will be the first time I cook the turkey. I am a little nervous about this. You really can't have Thanksgiving dinner without the turkey so if I mess it up I won't be able to live it down for years. Wish me luck and tune in later for the results!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yeah, the Provo library is now self check and one day i was trying to check out. the boys were in the stroller. Nolan was screaming and Jonah was trying to shove the paci down Nolan's throat. This lady comes up and asks if I want her to hold Nolan. And I thought, "Yeah right, I'm going to let a complete stranger hold my baby. Would you let a complete stranger hold your baby? Psycho." But really, I just said, "No, thanks."
oh, good luck with the trukey. I've yet to cook one myself.
Just be aware that the junk that nobody wants to touch or eat in that paper bag inside the turkey has to come out down at the end with the wired up feet. Bedelia and I had a laugh trying to get it out the neck. This was just a few years ago. I ate lots of turkey at the mister's mom's house! Bedelia's mom...
Post a Comment