Friday, January 11, 2008

Is it the 11th already????

I cannot believe how fast these last couple of weeks have gone. I still haven't posted Christmas pictures yet!! Please forgive me for being such a slacker. It has just been so busy with Christmas, then I started teaching pre school, had to finish up FHE lessons for my little exchange group, and trying to keep up with those darn New Year's Resolutions (which I will blog about later). But, I have a few minutes now so here is our Christmas Story:


For Christmas Eve, our family and JoDee and Alex went up to Uncle Bill's house in Woodland Park. They live in a log cabin up there in their own little winter wonderland. The plan was to go up there and go sledding for a little while before we ate dinner, but I pushed J down the hill once on the sled and that was the end of it for everyone. I wish I had got a picture of it because J was a little scared going down the hill (that ended in a grove of trees if you weren't careful) but what was even funnier to me was the look of fear in the eyes of the my other children that were watching - like I had somehow betrayed J by pushing him down this hill. They wouldn't get on the sled. They have been sledding before, but there was something about this place in Woodland Park that they didn't like. So we just hung out together that night, ate dinner, watched my Uncle's video of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and then headed home.

Before we went to bed we started a new tradition in our house. The first ever annual reading of "Twas the Night Before Christmas" with everyone in pajamas in Mom and Dad's bed. It was really cozy and fun to read the story to the kids for the first time. It is definitely a tradition we are keeping.

This is Baby Girl's first Christmas (not that she really cares). I love this picture of her in the santa hat. She is just soooo cute.


This is the first year we have spent Christmas morning in our own house with just our family. It was so nice. The kids woke up a little before 7 and we all came down in our pajamas. This is what the kids saw as they came down the stairs. The big construction truck is from my Dad in Texas and of course got the most attention from the kids.



It is tradition Christmas morning to read the story of Christ's birth from the book of Luke. After B saw the tractor there was no way he was coming into the family room to read scriptures. It took a lot of coaxing to get him off the tractor, but we did get him in the family room to read.

Here are some various pictures of the kids opening their presents. You know it seems like you wait all year for Christmas morning and in about 20 minutes it's over.








Baby Girl opening her first Christmas present ever. Don't I look so perky???



Even Dash got in on all the fun. He got bones for Christmas and is surprisingly adept (especially with no opposable thumbs) at opening presents. He got the wrapping paper off this in record time!!


We spent the rest of the morning eating cinammon rolls (another Christmas tradition) and playing the Wii. Then we went to John's brothers house for Christmas dinner and games. Although we didn't go out of town this Christmas it was a lot of fun just hanging out with our family, starting our own new traditions, and making our own Christmas memories. Infact I don't know if we will travel for Christmas anymore.

No comments: