Wednesday, January 16, 2008
So we bought Baby Girl a horse today. Well not really, but in a couple of months she will be able to ride this dog around the house like a horse. You know, I was perfectly happy with just our miniature dachshund. I grew up with this breed of dog they are low maintenance, they don't shed, they are loving and good with kids. John, however says that weenie dogs belong on a plate next to a side of pork and beans. He wants a dog you can run with and play fetch with, and swim with and all that good stuff. He loves golden retrievers. A few months ago John started doing computer work for an animal shelter. Every time he goes there I check the shelter's website to make sure they don't have a golden retriever because I know that if they have a retriever up for adoption it is coming home with John. Saturday he went there to fix one of their computers, I checked the website - no golden retrievers and I say a silent prayer of thanks. John comes home a couple hours later and shows me a picture of a puppy that he has just put a deposit on. I say this is impossible because they didn't have one up for adoption. John tells me how lucky he was to have been there when the dog came in, he was the first person to see him and quickly put a deposit down. He is beaming with excitement. So, today we went and picked up the dog. He is awful cute. He looks like a big ball of fur. If we can get past the chewing stage and get him housebroken I think he will be an excellent dog. The kids already love him, but I think our dog Dash is feeling a little jealous and insecure. Here is a picture of our new addition. We can't decide whether to name him Calvin or Brinkley. What do you think???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I vote Brinkley. Sounds dog-ish.
Brinkley like in "You've Got Mail." I think I like Calvin better. And I'm so jealous. I can't wait to get a dog. I want a Boxer.
I say Manwich or Calvin.
Post a Comment