Not a whole lot to report about the weekend. Saturday we did a joint birthday party for John and his sister JoDee. John is turning 33 this Thursday. Old, huh?? =) We bought the new Super Smash Brothers game for the Wii, so the boys played that for a while. The rest of us played a card game called "Saboteur". I am finding that the older and older we get, the less exciting our birthday parties become. However I am turning 30 this year, so we will have to have a big shin dig for that.
Sunday started out the same - get up early and rush, rush, rush, to get in our designated pew by 8:30. I hate early church. During Relief Society I started hearing funny noises out in the hall, like someone had turned on a tv or something. Nobody else seemed to hear anything so I just blamed it on my supersonic ears. However, after the prayer a lady ran into the room and asked everyone not to go out the front door because there was an emergency in the hall. Apparently some lady had passed out, and an ambulance had been called and there were EMT's reviving the lady. The funny sound I heard was the EMT's talking on their walkie talkies. So we got to watch(there was really nothing else to do since we couldn't go out the door) as the medical people revived the lady, put her on a stretcher, and wheeled her out to the ambulance. Probably more strange than this event was the comments from her family. One lady (thought to be her sister) sighed and said "Oh great, she's doing it again." And a similiar comment was made by the lady presumed to be her mother. That, however, is a whole different story entirely, and if I ever find out anything about that I'll be sure to blog about it later.
Sunday night, JoDee and Alex came over again ( I think he was secretly hoping to play Super Smash Brothers). While they were here we taught them to play Cities and Knights. Three hours later we decided to stop the game because the kids that were still awake were getting really fussy. That game does not usually take that long to play, but they had never played before and there is a learning curve. Maybe next time we will actually finish it.
Is everyone ready for Easter??
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment