Monday, February 16, 2009

Finally all healthy!

The weekend before last all the kids except J came down with pink eye (if you don't remember click here). That in and of itself was pretty yucky, and I sanitized the house probably three times that weekend trying to keep John and I from getting it. Well, that cleared up and then J came down with strep throat (I guess it's only fair because he didn't get pink eye). So I spent the weekend sanitizing the house again trying to keep everyone from getting strep. We missed church again this weekend - partly because it wasn't quite 48 hours since J started antibiotics and partly because I didn' t want to catch another round of crap from kids at church. Today everyone is fine- no coughs, fevers, sore throats, goopy eyes, or runny noses. I think I might just quarantine our family so we can stay healthy until Spring. Is anyone else ready for this "cold season" to be over??

7 comments:

Maddy said...

Luckily we've all been healthy here! Hope you survive the rest of the season.

Dirk and Trish said...

That stinks! I'm sure it's been so fun to be Mom lately! I am also ready for Spring and a different kind of bugs. I hate going back to church when we finally get healthy after a round of something-I'm so paranoid we'll just catch something new. Good luck and hope everyone gets/stays healthy!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

glad you are better just think you are strengthening your immune system

Kristin said...

Counting down the days.

Jamie said...

I feel very lucky that our household has avoided getting sick this winter (so far). I am definitely ready for Spring!

Robin said...

its great when everyone gets to feeling better.

Cindy Killebrew said...

Hey Rachael, we enjoyed looking at your blog. You have a great looking family! Are you still in Texas? How is the rest of your family? It was great to see someone from my past find our family blog.