So for those of you who don't know, I like to take pictures. It's my hobby. Actually it probably borders on an addiction. If I could find a way to permanently weld my camera into my hand and still be able to function I would do it. Unfortunately it is an expensive hobby. I went to a camera store in town a while ago and seriously got giddy at all the pretty things I could buy. Of course I need a soft box and a few reflectors. Yes, I need a remote control so I don't have to push the shutter button. I can't live without a flash that hot shoes to my camera. Seriously I have to put blinders on so I am not tempted to buy everything I see (if only I had unlimited funds). The point to this whole thing is that I bought a cool new lens. I ordered it from Amazon because the camera store had a really high markup on it. I don't think I have checked the mail more times in my life! I finally got it a few days ago and have had a lot of fun playing with it. Here it is:

It's a lot heavier than my other lenses and has a reverse thread on it so sometimes I zoom out when I want to zoom in, but I love it!!
Here are some of the pictures I took, plus there a few more on my photoblog (it's in my blog list). I am dying to go on a real photo shoot!


5 comments:
I guess I better comment more. Nice pictures.
so what kind of lens is it? Curious, because I'm thinking of buying a new lens for my Canon.
very cool shots what lens is it? I am asking for one for my Bday soon
I Love the photo of the flower. Its ok to have an addiction as long as we still get what needs to get done right
The lens is a Tamron 28-75mm. It is comparable to the Canon 24-70mm L lens but costs about 1/4th of the price. I was reluctant about getting a third party lens, but the reviews on this were so good that I bought it. So far I am loving it!
Post a Comment