Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Holiday Happenings

Get ready for a ton of pictures!! We had two sets of visitors this holiday and had tons of fun this last week. My kids are dragging today and I think we will all go to bed early tonight!

My Dad, Stepmom, and little Brother came up at the beginning of last week. Baby Girl absolutely LOVES this Grandpa. She will sit on his lap and give him kisses and hugs and she won't do that for any of her other Grandpa's. I don't know what the difference is in her mind, but my Dad sure loves it!

We got my Dad to play Rockband with the kids. He was a good sport. He would sing the songs and fill in the words he didn't know with something silly like "skee bop a doo" or something like that. My kids thought it was hilarious!


I like to take pictures of people playing Rockband because they have the funniest expressions!



I like this next picture. Grandpa fell asleep on the couch and was snoring so loud that we were all laughing. Baby Girl snuggled up next to him. Apparently she doesn't mind sitting next to a bear!



My brother entertained my boys all day long. I might just fly him up here on days when I have had my fill of the kids! They loved him. He's the "fun" uncle (probably because he doesn't have kids of his own yet)



One of the days my family was here they rode the Cog Railroad up to the top of Pike's Peak. I didn't go because it is not recommended to go when you are pregnant, J didn't go because he threw up that morning, and I kept Baby Girl home because it was -30 degrees up there.



My family left Thursday morning, and John's family came in Thursday afternoon. We spent Christmas Eve at my Sister-in-law's house but got home in time to read "The Night Before Christmas" while drinking hot chocolate.
My nephews got up Christmas morning at around 5 am. My kids got up around 6:30 or so. We opened presents and then ate cinnamon rolls and breakfast casserole.




John wearing his favorite new hat!

Christmas night we reserved the church building (because 31 people don't fit nicely in a house) and had Christmas dinner there. I actually forgot my camera that night so I don't have pictures of us all. I think this pregnancy is severely messing with my brain, because I never leave my camera at home.
All of my family and John's family are gone now. It is nice to have it quiet again, but our house feels so empty. We really enjoyed the time we got to spend with everyone. I hope your Christmas was fantastic!

4 comments:

Mel said...

It is always fun to have people visit, but I am always glad when they go home and we can get back to just us. Sounds like a bunch of fun and I would for sure hit the hay early tonight (and sleep in)

Tara said...

Great photos! I hope you can recover quickly!

Maureen said...

Your holiday sounds like a Norman Rockwell experience--and perfectly lovely. I am crazy in love with the photo of baby girl and the sleeping grandpa, it's too precious! I'm glad you had such a good time. Hyacinths!

Karla said...

So good to hear you had a great Christmas despite all the chaos. Love the photo of your brother playing rock band. That's too funny. :)