Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fall Break Is In Full Swing!

Fall Break has been nice. Sleeping late(r), not having a schedule, doing what we want to do. I always try to do something fun with the kids everyday. Yesterday was free day at the Denver Zoo. We have never been there before so we got a group of friends together and went. Apparently every one else had the same idea, because the place was packed!!

Most of the animals were very boring and doing this:


Though I did think it was cute that the "big cats" sleep just like the house cats do - on their backs with their legs up in the air. One of my friends (I won't say who) started roaring at the lions trying to wake them up and get them to do something. It didn't work.

Now, let me explain this next picture. I was pushing Big Sis in the stroller and had Lil Sis in one of those baby packs. Everytime I pulled my camera out Lil Sis's hands became "jazz hands" and she would yank on my camera strap and try to grab my camera. Most of my pictures turned out like this:


So, after the fish house I put the camera away and didn't take any more pictures. *sigh* It's a good thing Little Miss Grabby Hands is so darn cute!!
I think the aquarium was our favorite part of the zoo. They even had piranhas!! We contemplated throwing a sucker in the piranha tank but decided against it.
I loved this little guy:

Isn't he cute?? He kept hovering right in front of us!! They had so many pretty tanks in there!


And that is the extent of my pictures from the zoo.
It was a fun, tiring day. I'm sure we'll head back up to Denver the next time free day comes around. We still have a week and a half left of Fall Break and lots of activities planned, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I don't know how we missed you...sounds like you were with a big group. Guess we should have coordinated, huh? We never seem to go with friends. We didn't see anyone we knew and we usually do. But we had a great time and unlike you...I took lots of pix. Sometimes I wish I didn't, so kudos to you. Glad you had fun! Free days are the best...we go every year.