One thing John and Chris love to do is to go fishing. They woke up at 4:00 one morning to go out to the lake. Me, Karen, and the kids were a little more sensible and woke up several hours later to go meet them.
The first catch of the day (since we got there) belonged to this guy.
Then this same boy was fishing with a rod that his Dad had double hooked and baited, and caught two fish...at the SAME TIME. I have never seen such a thing. I got a picture of his Dad helping him pull the fish in, and then I ran over to the dock to snap a picture of them with their fish, and right before I got there the fish wiggled themselves off the hook. At least I have this picture as proof so nobody will think they are just telling a "fish tale"!
Big Sis wanted to fish too. She wasn't too sure about the worm though.
She quickly got over that though, although she wouldn't touch one.
Lil Sis spent the morning walking around picking flowers and just looking oh so cute in her little pig tails.
Even I caught a fish. I'm pretty sure it was 30 inches long and weighed about 20 pounds.
![]() |
| Sitting in the suite that costs $186,000 a year. |
We had water balloon fights
We also played games, got pedicures, ate at Cafe Rio, roasted marshmallows over the fire pit, and celebrated a birthday. We keep trying to convince them to move close to us...maybe someday. I guess them living so far away really makes us appreciate the time we get to spend together. How blessed we are to have such good friends!


















No comments:
Post a Comment