Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Reunion (a.k.a. lots of pictures)

Every other year John's family has a reunion. Every other year a different sibling is in charge of picking a location and planning activities. Every other year I spend the whole summer listening to my kids ask "How many days until the reunion?' It's always such a blast to get together with everyone and just hang out and have fun.

This year we went to Montana to a place called Brackett Creek Inn. It's a cute lodge nestled up in the mountains. It's so far into the mountains that there is no cell service or Internet (which may or may not have caused some withdrawals)

We spent a week there with almost everyone (we really missed Mom and Dad who are on a mission, and one of the grand kids who was at camp). I think there was 40 something of us with 28 of those being grand kids. Yes we were very outnumbered!! Here are some of the things we did:
Rode horses:

You can tell she loved it!!



Went to a museum:

Some of us went to Yellowstone:




To see more Yellowstone pictures, click here.
Played in the water:




Played Games:







Had fun being silly and hanging out with cousins:






Slept:



More fun with cousins:




This is seriously only a fraction of the pictures I took, but I didn't want to bore you all with hundreds of pictures of my family!! We had such a great time and we can't wait until the next one. A great big thank you and three cheers to Kurt and Sandy for putting this one together!!


1 comment:

Maureen said...

Oh! That looks like so much FUN! I miss family reunions. They are just one of the best times ever, and yours looks and sounds like it was a blast!