Saturday, December 20, 2008

I love this little girl


I was holding Baby Girl the other day while I was brushing my teeth and getting ready. She is in a really fun stage where she repeats everything I say, and she has the cutest little voice. I was standing there holding her and saying every word I could think of that wouldn't be too hard for her to say. She would promptly repeat it and then laugh. Then I noticed that she was copying my every move. I would tilt my head, she would tilt hers, I clicked my tongue, she clicked hers, I smiled, she smiled. It was so darn cute. It melted my heart that she was trying to be exactly like me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my boys, but this little girl brings out a side of me I didn't really know was there. She is so gentle, so sensitive, so girly, and sometimes moody, whiny and stubborn, but I love it. I'll take the good with the bad and I absolutely adore her.

It is humbling (and a little scary) to me to think that my children are watching my every move. When Baby Girl was copying me I thought to myself "Don't you be like me, you are going to be much better than I am." It was just a little reminder to me that on my worst and my best days I have four little sets of eyes that are watching and trying to be just like me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they could do a LOT worse than to be like you. You set a high bar.

Maureen said...

This was the sweetest posting--it brought tears to my eyes. And if that isn't the cutest picture you put with it! I agree with JoDee, your daughter has a fabulous example of an elect woman in you. I'm glad you're enjoying her so much ... a great Christmas blessing.

Maddy said...

I agree -- Girls are so much fun!!! And it is scary to see your kids emulate you -- even when it's the good stuff.