Friday, April 16, 2010

Blessings

I don't even know where to begin with this post, except to say how grateful I am for the priesthood. Through almost my entire pregnancy I have had one concern that has weighed heavily on my mind. It has kept me up at night and brought me to my knees in tears. There has been nothing I could do to allay this fear in my mind, and no feelings of reassurance that what I dreaded would not come to pass. Until yesterday. Yesterday I was putting away laundry and stumbled across my patriarchal blessing. It had been a while since I read it. I opened it, and there right on the page was one line I must have read a hundred times but it never meant anything to me until now. I could feel the burden of my fears being lifted from my mind as a huge feeling of relief flowed through me. I thought of the day I had received this blessing. The man who gave me this blessing had no idea who I was, but the blessing he gave me came from One who does. It came from One who knew that on this day I would desperately need his comfort and to feel of his love for me. I am so thankful for the power of the priesthood, that we can seek answers from our Heavenly Father and have them answered through blessings, even blessings given years earlier.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Isn't it amazing how that works. Listening to T get his blessing was so spiritual as this guy knew nothing about T (like yours) but the blessings promised him were so for T. There was no mistaking that it came from the Lord.

What a blessing to have that to look back on all these years later. It truely is a wonderful gift, the priesthood. I am glad that you found peace. Makes me want to go read mine again.

Unknown said...

Rach, thanks for sharing that! I really love the power of the priesthood and the effect my patriarchal blessing has in my life, too. I hope that the rest of your pregnancy, the delivery, and the years to come following d-day goes well.

Maureen said...

I love how our Heavenly Father knows us yesterday, today and a hundred tomorrows from now. Your post is a testimony to the power of the priesthood and of His love for us. He knew you would need this blessing now, and he loved you so much he made sure you even found it again when you needed it. Such love brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing something so precious.

Tara said...

Wow. What a great post and a reminder to us all. Makes me want to pull out MINE!