So, I haven't posted in a while. We haven't really done a whole lot to post about. I mostly just want to sit on the couch all day ( I wish) and rest. We are doing the bare minimum around here. I've had all kinds of things pop up with this pregnancy that I have never had before so mostly I just want to be done. I thought that I would write some of the things I will miss most about pregnancy, because believe it or not (I'm saying this more for myself) there will come a time when I miss these days. So, here goes:
1. I like how courteous people are to pregnant women. I have had people rush to open doors for me, let me cut in front of them in line, and asked to help me with my cart, etc. I wish people were like this on a more regular basis.
2. Everyone thinks I should be sitting and resting. Every time I offer to help someone, they say "No, you should go put your feet up." It used to bother me at first, but now I really appreciate the thoughtfulness and understanding.
3. Everyone smiles at you when you walk by. Pregnant women can be tired, huge, and grumpy and still look so beautiful.
4. I will definitely miss feeling the baby move. Even when they are kicking the crud out of my ribs, I still love to feel them move. I love to sit there, with my hand on my belly and day dream about who the baby will look like and how she will behave.
5. Most of all, I will miss feeling like I am part of a miracle. No matter how many times I get pregnant, it is still miraculous to me. That an ordinary person can bring another life into the world is overwhelming and testifies to me of a higher purpose and creator. To be involved in this work is an honor.
I went to the doctor today who reported that the baby has dropped "very low". It shouldn't be too long now. I better go "put my feet up" while it is still considered okay to do so!! =)
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Everytime I read one of your postings about this pregnancy it gets me weepy. You have a gift for communicating the heart of the matter. I empathize and agree with every word you wrote. I'm glad you are enjoying being part of the miracle. When you're tired and she's yelling and you don't know why, think back and hold onto this feeling.
I could not have said it better myself! One of the things that I miss about being pregnant is how sexy I felt. I love the way I looked pregnant, even when tired and grumpy.
Can't wait to hear the details when you finally have her. I'm glad you'r enoying the end.
Post a Comment