Thursday, May 6, 2010

Amazed...

Amazed that nine months can seem like forever, and then be gone in an instant.

Amazed that she fit inside of me, and that she is here.

When I held her for the first time, she reached up and touched my face

Amazed that the human body knows exactly what to do, and exactly when to do it. From the first heartbeat, to the first breath, to bringing a new life into the world. The human body never ceases to amaze me. Seriously, do you realize what a miracle you are walking around in every day?

Amazed that you can know someone for less than a second before you know you would do anything to keep them safe, protected, and loved.


I'll post more about her birth when I get home, but I just wanted to put a few pictures of her up since I know you are dying to see them!! =) She's a little angel, and sometimes I can't hold her without tearing up. To think I almost convinced myself that we were done with 4 children. To think I almost didn't have her. Ah, what I would have missed! She's a little piece of heaven and I am enjoying every second with her.

15 comments:

Karla said...

That's so wonderful! I love that she reached up and touched your face. So does that mean you are still done with 5? I hope her sleeping habits are as heavenly for you. Can't wait to see her.

Kristin said...

So beautiful! Love that she reached up for you, so sweet.

Mel said...

Please call me when you get home. I would love to come over and see her when you are up for visitors. Of course, she is beautiful.

Kari said...

Love her dark hair and your first picture together!! Hope you will get some sleep too

bedelia said...

what a sweet girl. I love little baby heads.

Tami said...

Congratulations!! "Amazed" definitely sums it all up! She is beautiful.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

Congratulations! Glad she arrived and looks healthy. Look forward to hearing all about how she arrived and more about her. Have fun.

The Byrdhouse said...

Congrats!! She's adorable!

Karina said...

What a beautiful little angel! I got teary-eyed looking at her.

Maddy said...

AHHHHHHH! Congrats! Looks like 3:30 wasn't for nothing!

COKE FAMILY said...

WOW...she is so beautiful! Perfect sweet little face. You are making me cry at work. What an extra special mothers day for you all.

Jamie said...

she is so sweet and you are such a sweet mother! Your words *almost* make me baby hungry :) I hope you heal quickly from the delivery and you all settle at home nicely!

Jill said...

Congrats to your whole family - what a great addition! We LOVE new cousins!

Jen said...

Congratulations to you and your family!!! How beautiful! Hope you and baby girl recover well!

Phillip & Diana Steffes said...

OH Rachael, she is beautiful. Congratulations!