Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Why Was I Up At 3:30?

So, last night I was having contractions for hours. Finally, at 12:00am we called a friend over and went to the hospital. They monitored me for hours. I was having regular contractions, am still having regular contractions, but they weren't doing anything. I was sent home at 3:30am. Yes, on my fifth child I was sent home from the hospital. I felt...foolish, embarrassed, and like an idiot. However, it is turning out to be a blessing in disguise. While they were monitoring me, they discovered my blood pressure was at "concerning levels". The on call doctor wants me to come in this morning to be induced. I am soooooo against inductions. I am going in today to talk with my doctor and to see what he recommends. I trust him. If there is a problem, then we need to get it taken care of. And, even though a false labor episode is embarrassing, I'll be grateful for it if it helped the doctors find something. So, I'll be going in to the hospital today. Please say an extra prayer for us that everything goes well. In the end the most important thing is a healthy delivery for the both of us, and that's what I'll be thinking about when I go in this morning.

7 comments:

Dirk and Trish said...

I'm also not a fan of inductions, but that's just cause a lot of them are unnecessary. If mommy & baby need a little help to insure everyone is safe and healthy, I'd be right in line. Hope everything is alright and baby just decides to come. Good luck today!

Maryle said...

You are in our prayers!

Maureen said...

I'm praying for you (and Aubrey) my sweet friend. I know you are in good hands, earthly and heavenly. I'm here to help along with everyone else who loves you and your family.

bedelia said...

I'm against unnecessary medical intervention but as a mother of 3 c-section babies, I am so grateful that Heavenly Father inspired men to make those discoveries. Good luck.

Jamie said...

Congrats on the baby! Hope everything went well and can't wait to see pictures (I'm sure there will be many many to come in the coming years ;))

COKE FAMILY said...

So does this mean you won't be at bunko? j/k Hope all is going great!!! So is Aubrey's birthday cinco de Mayo? Congratulations xoxoxo

Tami said...

We hope everything went well.