Take this morning for instance. It had already been a bad (really bad) weekend and this morning was not shaping up to be better. I came into the kitchen and found the back door wide open letting cold air into the house. Big Sis was out in the snow...barefoot...in her jammies, playing with the snow on the patio table. I said rather sharply (though I wasn't yelling) "Why are you outside in the snow with no shoes or coat on? And why did you leave the door open? Your sister could have gone outside." She walked into the house with a sad expression and said "But, Mom, I just wanted to touch the snow with my hands."
Sometimes, *sigh* sometimes I forget to live in the moment and take joy in the simple things. Sometimes bills, responsibilities, and schedules get in the way. Sometimes - after I have picked up the same toy 100 times, made another mediocre dinner, and stressed about how I was going to get everything done for the week - I forget that my children are my greatest treasures. Sometimes I need to let it all go. And, sometimes I need to let my little girl play in the snow with no coat or shoes on so she can feel the cold on her hands and wonder about Heavenly Father's creations.




5 comments:
I know what you mean. I was just thinking this morning that I need to just do something fun with the kids, becasue I can't remember the last time we just had fun together, without worrying about the messiness of the house or other things that "need" to get done. Thanks!
Thanks I really needed that today.
Well said. I think we can ALL appreciate this post.
Love that!!!!!!!! I know for a fact that I was that exact same way on Monday. Thanks for sharing that!
With my treasures being 19 and 21, I can tell you that the only thing that still breaks me wide open are the regrets that I didn't chuck it all more often and just play with my boys. It breaks my heart to think that I can't have that back. The dinners, the house, the laundry ... all if it doesn't matter. They aren't going to be with you for eternity, but hopefully your children will. Take advantage.
Post a Comment