Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cinco De Mayo Celebrations

We always thought it was cool that J was born on the 5th of May. Then, it was even cooler when Lil Sis was born on the same day 10 years later. They just celebrated their 11th and 1st birthdays on Thursday. I can't believe my baby is 1 already!! Since J was having a party on the 7th, we decided to celebrate Lil Sis's birthday on the 5th. It wasn't a big affair - just some Mexican food, presents, and a cake - but she didn't care.

Here she is sitting on John's lap while we all sing "Happy Birthday" to her. She didn't quite know what to think of all the attention.




She was fascinated by the cake and candle though (I'm thinking future pyro).



She dug right into the cake at first.




She seemed to like it.





Even had some help from her sister.





Then John smothered some cake on her face and she was done.




At 1 year Lil Sis likes baby dolls and dogs. She stands all by herself and walks 4-5 steps before reverting to crawling. She says mama, dada, baby, and dog. She hates to be alone, and with 4 siblings she never is. She has 6 teeth and eats pretty much everything. She has the most beautiful blue eyes and the brightest smile. I love, love, love her and am so thankful she came to our family.


For J's birthday we had his friends meet us at a laser tag place here in town. They played a few games of laser tag (sorry no pictures) and then we went back to our home for pizza and cake and ice cream.


Here is a picture of some of his friends at the table. Every time I got the camera out the boy in the green shirt would cover his face. He said he hates cameras. Boy, he would never survive at my house! =)


Instead of a regular cake, J wanted a doughnut cake. I don't know what it is with my kids and doughnuts, but they always request doughnuts on their birthday. Maybe it's because we never eat them otherwise??


We stacked up the doughnuts and put 11 candles in them.



I didn't think it would make it to the table without toppling over, but they made it just fine.



He almost blew out all the candles in one breath, just missed that one on the right. Maybe he should quit smoking!





He really wanted a pocket copter for his birthday. I really think those things are a waste of money but that's what he wanted. Here he is holding his favorite present.


A picture of him with his friends. I told them all to say "J wears pink underwear". They thought it was pretty funny.



At 11, J is just like his Dad. He is super smart and likes to tinker with things. He loves to read and play video games. He loves hockey and plays on a team here. His favorite color is blue and he likes to eat mac and cheese. I can't believe he is 11, and I can't believe he starts middle school next year!!


Lil Sis was excited about all the partying.



I love her little face, even when it is dirty!


Now she is all tuckered out. I am too!!




1 comment:

Maureen said...

Wow! You guys know how to celebrate! I LOVE the photos! J looks so doggone happy, and I love the looks on his siblings faces. The donut cake is pretty cool. Lil Sis looks too adorable for words. Pretty neat how your oldest and youngest are the "bookends" for your children. I have to say, though, that pix of John and the baby sleeping is so sweet it made my heart crunch. Glad you guys had such a fun "Cinco."