My first homemade loaf of whole wheat bread ever!!! And, I mean from scratch. I have never used wheat before, so a lady in the ward offered to have me and another lady over to her house so she could teach us. We actually ground our own wheat (probably not a new experience for most of you)!! Are you impressed? Vital Wheat Gluten...yep I know all about it. Dough Enhancer, Milled Flax Seed... yeah I added some of that too. It actually turned out really good. I was surprised. The loaf didn't make it through the day because my kids ate it all. Yeah!!! I thought the transtition from white to wheat bread would be a real struggle. I'm so glad that I have friends in the ward who can teach me how to use things from my food storage!!
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
WOW! I am impressed. I usually just use my bread machine.
How fun was that?! I wish I had a fancy machine like you and Kristeen. I AM going to try it by hand, though! My kids LOVED it, too! FUN DAY!
I am impressed. Head over here to give me a lesson! The only bread I've ever made from scratch is banana bread or zucchini bread.
I think I could smell the bread through the computer:) Looks good!
Hey, I just did this too!! Mine was half wheat and half white(starting small) but it was so fun! My kids loved it too. Good job!
Very good.... i still have your mom's receipe for bread. Do you have it?
Post a Comment