Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hodgepodge

I haven't posted in a couple days so here is what has been going on in our neck of the woods. Read whatever you would like.


J started Cub Scouts on Wednesday. I picked up his uniform from the scout office (which was rather expensive) and spent the rest of the afternoon hand sewing all of his patches on because I thought it would be quicker than getting the sewing machine out and ready. HA!! It wasn't. It took a while to get them all attached and I think a thimble was made specifically for pushing a needle through the surprisingly thick scout badges. He was sooooo excited to put everything on. He didn't have any belt loops on his pants, but wanted to wear the belt anyway. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he looked a little nerdy wearing a belt with no belt loops. So now we start on the long journey of getting three boys through scouts. I have a feeling I will be called to be Den Mom quite a bit.




B had several funny comments this week that I just had to blog. He has had a hard time getting his shoes on before he gets in the car and we have gone several places only to find him barefoot when we arrive. So before we drive out of our garage we ask "Does everyone have their shoes on?" He has them on about 50% of the time. So we were driving to Costco the other day and I turned around and asked if he had his shoes. He didn't. I asked him why he didn't get his shoes. He was thinking, and thinking, and thinking. I could see the wheels turning in his head. He knew he was caught, and was trying to come up with a way to get out of trouble. He looked at me and said "Mom, you're cute!!" and then gave me a smile. I gotta say it worked, I couldn't help but laugh.

***Warning some viewers may find the following story a bit racy***
While we were at Costco, I bought all the kids lunch (you can't beat a hot dog and soda for $1.50). B was looking at his hot dog, pulled the hot dog out of the bun, turned to me, held up the hot dog and said "See, it's a boy" Again, I couldn't help but laugh.

This morning, Baby girl was on the floor next to B, and she was smacking him on the head (with her hand open). He turned to her, grabbed her hand and closed it into a fist. Then he took her closed fist and hit himself in the head with it a few times and said "No, you do it like this" He is already teaching her how to throw a good punch!!



Baby Girl was cracking us all up this morning at the breakfast table. She has learned how to make a fish face. Every time I gave her a bite of food she would make a fish face over and over again until she swallowed her food. The boys were laughing so hard that she kept doing it. They have been calling her fish face all morning!!

5 comments:

bedelia said...

B is hilarious.

Maddy said...

Ugh, Scouting is so time --and money-- consuming. I'm not quite sure that I have a testimony of scouting yet. Worst Primary President ever? Possibly.

Love the fish face -- and the hot dog story :D

Holly said...

Den Mother is actually really fun! And...I'm being totally serious! I was just released in Nov. and miss it! Love the "no belt loop pants":)
That hot dog story is hilarious! Gave me a great laugh!!!

Tara said...

Way to teach his sis to throw a punch! I love it! Now I just want to know who taught my Tyler how to hit? His sisters don't hit him, so why is he ALWAYS hitting? Is it a boy thing? He even bites his bottom lip when he does it!
Weird kid! He gets that from his dad's side of the family! :)

swampbaby said...

I have two words for you - Patch Magic. No sewing required. :-) Picked up that little trick when I was den mother. I'll be feeling your pain in about 4 months when Big J goes into Scouts.