After Black Canyon we went to the Great Sand Dunes National Park. We LOVED it and plan to return every year to camp there (anyone want to come with us??). This place brings out the kid in everyone. It is like a huge sand box with a stream running through it. What's not to love?? John and I each hiked to the top of the tallest dune. We had to take turns doing it because there was no way the little kids were going to make it, and no way we could have made it carrying them. We spent hours playing in the water, rolling down the sand hills, and just having fun. The only drawback to the sand dunes is that even today I am still finding sand in our shoes and in the car. I won't complain though, because the memories were worth it.
Here are some pictures:
I wanted to get some sunset pictures. This was the best I could do. There are many things I could improve but not bad for my first time:
This is John and J hiking

John and Baby Girl in the water
There was a really cool "junior ranger" program for the kids. They had to do various activites around the park, take an oath that they would protect nature, and then they got a cool badge. B loved his so much that he would take it off his shirt every night and put it on the next morning.One night I found him sleeping like this. Notice the ranger badge on his jammies.
Our family picture:
Having fun:
And, of course we had to play in the pool
The other thing I wanted to get was a really cool picture of the moon over the sand dunes. In order to do that I would have had to be up at 3 am. I wasn't willing to do that. So, these are the ones I will settle with.



2 comments:
My kids love to do the Jr. Ranger programs at all the places we go. Did you do the one at Black Canyon and Curecanti? We have so many badges floating around here. Looks like a fun trip.
Those pictures are amazing. I love the family one. You have inspired me to be a better photographer
Post a Comment