Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Love It!


Did you ever notice when you ask a kid (up to a certain age) what they want and you give them two options they will always choose the last thing you say?

Here is an example. Yesterday I asked Baby Girl what she wanted for lunch. Here is how the conversation went:
Mom: Do you want pizza or a sandwich?

BG: Sandwich

Mom: Do you want a sandwich or pizza?

BG: Pizza

Here is another example from breakfast this morning:

Mom: Do you want a toast with cinnamon or peanut butter?

BG: Butter

Mom: Do you want a toast with peanut butter or cinnamon?

BG: Cinnamon

Sometimes it can be frustrating to determine what she really wants and I don't always get it right. Sometimes it can work to my advantage though. Take this example:

Mom: Who do you want to change your diaper. Mommy or Daddy?

BG: Daddy

Yeah for me!!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Waha haha ha!!! I love that last one!!! That's SOOOO great!!!

Kari said...

That last one is great! It has worked for me in the past too!

Joseph said...

I bet if you asked one of her brother's they would know exactly what she wants!

Brandon and Sommar said...

That's a good trick for the diaper. I will have to use that when Ally learns how to talk!!!

Maureen said...

This made me laugh so hard! Thanks for the smile.

Mel said...

I love it too, for the small amount of time that is works. Wish it would work on my older kids. :)

Melissa Savage said...

Or you have a kid like mine, who searches for a 3rd option!!:) Cute story about the diaper!

Karla said...

I'm glad Daddy is the preferred diaper changer....way to work her little "system". :)