Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wow, They Really Do That

I love summer and being outside. More importantly, I'm glad my kids can play outside and not go crazy in the house. They were out playing on the trampoline this morning. I love lazy mornings like this



T had a t-ball game yesterday. I finally brought my camera and took some pictures.

Just barely missed the ball. Good swing though.



Run, T, Run! Get your hand out of your pocket though, silly boy!


No, don't stick them out like a fairy.



That's better!


We have a nest outside our back door. There are four baby birds in there that just hatched. Every now and then we take a mirror outside and look at the birds (it's too high just to peer into). Today when we held the mirror up, all the baby birds would open their mouths and just sit there. It was hilarious!! I didn't know they really did that, just sat with their mouths open. Well, I guess I knew it I just haven't ever seen it. I took these pictures standing on a chair while John held the mirror. I was trying to balance and avoid the mama bird who would dive bomb us every few minutes. For some reason, she gets real protective when people mess with her nest. I just don't get it. =)




This guy is not going to be the runt. He kept his mouth open as long as he thought something might be coming.



I've got lots more roses blooming. Can't stop taking pictures of them.

3 comments:

Mel said...

I love lazy mornings and there are for sure not enough of them. Those little birds finally hatched huh. They are so cute. The mom on the other hand is scary as she tries to take you out as you go outside. She should have built the nest somewhere else if she wanted peace and quiet.
We need to do lunch at the park some day-call me.

Maddy said...

OH man, I'm getting a glimpse of my life next summer with four kids home all day. AUGH!!! I'm glad yours are giving you a break this morning.

Tara said...

I LOVE that picture of the kids on the tramp! A's smile is priceless. She loves her bros!

Those birds are so funny! I love it!