Maroon Bells is located by Aspen. The mountain peaks there are the most photographed mountain peaks in North America (supposedly). I was hoping to get a stunning picture of the mountains (two bell shaped mountains that are both over 14,000 feet). Unfortunately Mother Nature did not cooperate. It rained the whole time we were there, so most of the mountain peaks were under cloud cover. =( Instead of spending all of our time in the national park, we hiked around to different places and got some pictures of other things. Sometime I will have to go back and photograph the mountains when the weather is good. Here are two pictures I like:

To see more go here.
The kids had a blast running around, playing in the hot tub, and throwing rocks in streams. I kept finding sticks in the car that they had found and decided they wanted to take home.
One thing I have to note is about poor T. He was walking around the water with his Dad when he stepped out onto a log that he thought was secure. It wasn't. He drenched half of his body. Poor guy, that water was freezing!
I love this picture of Baby Girl and John. They were having a little conversation on this wooden thing

I could post tons more pictures, but I think I will stop for now. Stay tuned for parts 2 and 3 of our vacation!



5 comments:
Sounds fun. To bad about the clouds. Yea, the weather didn't cooperate here either. But the pix you got turned out great. Can't wait to see more.
I love your pictures! IT looks like you guys had a great time
Those pictures are beautiful! It makes me want to go there!
Looks like fun! We're planning on going to that area next month, you will have to be our travel agent and tell us all the good spots to hit!
What lovely photos -- of both the scenery and the family. Your photographs always touch my heart. That one of your daughter and husband reminded me of the "dates" my dad and I used to go on when I was little. My dad always made me feel so grown up when I was a little girl, and I can see the same happening with your baby girl. Nice.
Post a Comment