Monday, November 22, 2010

A Nice Visit

My brother and his family came to visit us last week. We haven't seen them in a while and it was great to catch up and see how much his kids have grown. I was busy Thursday with church stuff, but Friday we took the kids out of school (which was a first for me, I never take them out for anything) and went out of town to have some fun.

We went to a museum where you can see butterflies,



Hold this spider,



And touch starfish, and horseshoe crabs, and hermit crabs.





You can also pose like insects.


This little girl was (mostly) happy in her stroller the whole time. She was fascinated by the butterflies. She loved watching them fly around all kamikaze like.



We took them to Cafe Rio for lunch while we were up there. Love that place!! We also saw the new Harry Potter, went to a craft fair, and went to Chili's because my brother is seriously obsessed with their salsa. They left yesterday morning. It was a quick visit and I am already missing them. I might just have to make a special trip out to Texas to see them again for Christmas.

2 comments:

COKE FAMILY said...

Mom letting the kids play hookie are the best days to miss. They'll probably remember that more then the museum. I know I still do :-)

Mel said...

I sure love to have family come to visit but have a hard time when they leave. I am glad they got to come out and that you were a "cool" mom to let the kids skip school. watch out---you might have just started something.