J helped John with the lights quite a bit this year. I love it when they get old enough to really help. J would untangle a strand of lights, plug it in to make sure they all worked, and then drape the lights over his body until John was ready to put them on the tree. J wants to hang our outside lights, but I don't think he is quite old enough to do that yet.
The kids hung all the ornaments themselves. I have to admit the OCD side of me started to come out a little, but I relaxed and just let the kids have fun. And, you know what? They actually did a really good job. They were careful to spread the ornaments out and J stood on the step stool so all the ornaments weren't just on the bottom of the tree.









4 comments:
I like the tradition of singing to the tree. I think you'd go nuts looking at our tree. We only have a bunch of ghetto ornaments from jordan's mom and ones he made as a kid. The kids decorate and we tell them to put them all as high as they can so August can't get them. Its pretty crazy looking.
Hey yeah....good background you have too Rachael! We are a couple of awesome babes, aren't we?
I love these pictures. I was enjoying them and I said, "Wow, these look professional!" Then I said, well, duh. Rachael, you are so talented. You are going to love having these pictures in ten years or so. Such a great time of your life, when your kids are still young enough to believe in magic. Enjoy!
Oh my gosh, I loved the post until the last picture. Then I died of cuteness.
I get alittle OCD with the ornaments too. But this year - my kids did the whole thing and they had the best time and so did I.
Post a Comment