Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This Little Piggy

Last Saturday I went with some friends to get pedicures. It was a nice night out. When I came home Big Sis saw my newly painted toes and the pretty flower that was painted on them and she became obsessed. Seriously, she was obsessed. She would come to me several times a day and say "Mom I need to see your toes." One morning I even woke up to her pulling my covers off so she could see my toes.

I wasn't going to fork out the money for her to get a pedicure, but I thought I would try to find some way to paint some little flowers on her toes. Last time I was at Target I found a cute little nail set, and voila!



Now she has cute little flowers on her toes.
And here are some pictures of my cute baby who is being entertained by her sister who is off camera.


I can't believe she is 6 months old. If you click on this picture and enlarge it you can see the long, wispy strands of hair on the sides of her head. I know it looks a little ridiculous but I can't bring myself to cut them. What do you think? Cut or don't cut?

11 comments:

Paul and Susan said...

Don't cut it! She is going to grow up faster than you want, anyway. Don't hurry up the prosess, just enjoy the now. Besides, sooner or later one of the other kids will do it for you. Love to you all.

Maureen said...

Oh my gosh, those are the cutest little feet I've ever seen. I'm so glad you gave her flowers on her toes too! And I agree, don't cut that hair! Have some fun playing with it. Such a sweetie pie!

Mel said...

I am in such need of a pedicure...I am jealous. I end up doing my own. You know I have templates with flowers so you can add them to your toes?? I love them.

NOT CUT! A boy, then maybe I would think about it, but a girl...just leave it.

Jason&Shannon said...

Since you are polling and asked for an opinion...cut it. I always think getting rid of the thin baby hair strings.

Jason&Shannon said...

Oh, I left off...I think it will look better to even the hair out.

Maddy said...

I'm impressed with your nail skills! As for the hair -- I am always in the CUT it group. I didn't gut Ellie's hair for so long and I look back at pictures and hate how redonk it looks (not that your baby looks silly, she looks adorable). I kept Sadie's trimmed and it grew in so much better.

Tara said...

Oh look at those toesies!! So stinkin' cute!!!

Tara said...

Oh, and I'm it the "cut it" group. The more you trim it, the faster it grows!! If you want proof, I'll show ya baby photos of Morgan. It killed me to do it sometimes, but it really does thicken it up and makes it grow faster!! I promise!!!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

p.s. I don't know if it actually thickens it up or if it just looks that way as you cut it and take out those long thin strings of hair. Either way, it always looks better to trim...in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

I love the layered footsie shot!! I painted mine and my girls toes just last night with fall colors. Please don't be offended if I copy your artistic talent for seeing a good shot. I'll give you credit in my blog, I promise.

BTW, I say don't cut it. They only get to look naturally babyish for so long. As soon as you cut it the first time, they look more grown up for the rest of their lives. Enjoy the baby as long as you can. I still have never cut Banana Girl's hair. Of course, yours probably already has more hair than Banana Girl, but still.

COKE FAMILY said...

I know this is late but DON'T CUT her little hairs. Soon you'll be able to put little pig tails in her hair and it will be adorable!