Thursday, April 23, 2009

License to Kill

We aren't really James Bond fanatics. J's first Pinewoood Derby ever was tonight and he wanted his car number to be 007. Here is a picture of his creation:



Him and his Dad had a great time putting it together, and though he finished almost dead last he still had fun. We have some ideas for next year on how to make the car more aerodynamic and speedy. So watch out for us because we just might be lethal then!!

The competition


I love J's face in this one. I can just hear him saying "Please win, please win!"


The enthusiastic spectators

Go Car Go!


6 comments:

Kari said...

The car looks great! My brothers always finished last but they always won the best sportsmanship award!

Teeples Family said...

It was a fun night; the cars were all great. I think that the boys-and the dads had fun! Even though we try every trick in the book (literally) Tanner still never comes in first. I told him to remember that it's just for fun, and that winning doesn't matter. Now, if i could just get Ryan to remember that!!

Mel said...

Those pinewood derbys are always so much fun. The car looks great!! "Last the best of all the game"

Tara said...

Let me guess...the Batman one was the Bishops?

How fun! I'm sorry I missed it! I got to go to Activity Days and talk about my mission instead. :o) What missionary DOESN'T like talking about their mission?

Love the 007!

Maureen said...

I used to have so much fun at the Pinewood Derby...checking out all the cute designs, watching the little boys with their excited and anxious faces. Great pix!

Maddy said...

Those are some fancy looking cars! I am not looking forward to the pressure of the Pinewood Derby to be honest.