Just looking at this picture makes my skin crawl.

So, why on Earth am I doing this ???
Here is a picture of Gooey touching a Starfish. He has the funniest face. He was making sure I was taking a picture of it. And, his hair looks green because of the light that was on the fish.
Goofing around on the play place.
And now, here is the reason why I get the "Worst Mother of the Year Award".
Daisy loves to help me cook dinner. Yesterday she was helping me cook ground beef. When I had to drain it I pushed her stool away from the oven and turned toward the sink. When I wasn't looking she walked up to the oven, reached up, and touched the burner. As you can see, she got a pretty bad burn on her hand. I felt so horrible. I know all accidents can't be prevented, but it hurts when your kids get hurt so bad. I put lots of aloe vera on it last night, and we got her to hold cold soda cans for hours to try to numb her hand. Today it looks even worse because it has blistered up. Just looking at that picture makes me want to cry. Poor thing.



10 comments:
Ouch! I am with you, that looks mighty painful. One lady I knew only cooked using the back burners when her kids were small. I always thought she was a little over the top, but maybe I need to adopt that policy. Poor little Daisy. I hope it heals quickly.
Nolan blistered his hand on the entryway to our house. The step into the house has a metal plate that apparently gets really really hot in the sun. I felt horrible. I can't remember what I was suppose to look for but since the blisters were where he bent his hand the doctor wanted to see him. I think it had something to do with scarring and being able to fully flex the hand after it started healing.
Anyways, there is no way I would have held that spider. Brave woman.
Ouchie! Been there, done that! When A1 was little, he opened the oven door while I was making cookies and burned his hand on the inside of the door. His doctor smiled and said every family has at least one that is just too curious!
oh My you are brave!!!! I have done it too and can still feeel it :) Sorry baby girl got burned these things happen DO you have Silvadene it always helped It may still be a prescription.. (burn cream) I think its cover in the day w/ loose bandage and uncovered at night once they burst if I remember right You see i know all this because it happens to everyone:)
Poor girl! I guess she got upgraded from "baby girl." I would cry, too. Hope it heals quickly. Thank goodness it was "just" her hand.
I don't see me holding any tarantulas soon. That place looks fun.
AHHHH!! I'm just WAITING for Tyler to do that!!! He keeps opening my oven door lately...hot or not!! I think I'll be sending Jason out to get a lock for it tomorrow! Ty likes to pull a chair up next to me when I'm cooking, too!!! I'm SO SORRY it had to happen to "Daisy" but I think it's a major wake-up call to us all!! It can happen so FAST!! I hope she heals quickly.
BTW....What the crap with the spider!! You couldn't PAY me enough!
Reminds me of the time that Brittney touched the open oven door as Art was taking a pizza out of the oven. She was only about 13 months old at the time. That's when Stephanie introduced me to Bag Balm. We lathered her hand in it for at least a week and the burns didn't scar. You'd never know she'd been burned so badly on her hand.
Ouch! It will get better though. Don't blame ourself-we all have accidents! Plus-she'll have a good story when she grows up; everyone of us has one of those, right?!
I HATE spiders, and now I am probably going to dream about them tonight! AHH!
That makes me want to cry too. It looks awful!! I hope it gets well soon.
What a good Mom to suck up your fears and hold the tarantula for your boys. I don't know if I could do that. Probably not. Last time I saw one I was completely incapacitated and had to call the neighbor to come get it out of the house.
OH NO! Poor baby! That looks so sad :(
I love the pictures of her babies in the tub. I love little girls and their babies.
Post a Comment