*** Warning, do NOT try this at home, these are trained professionals***
Did you know that my husband is a logger?? I didn't either until a couple days ago. We have this tree in our backyard that is going to get way to big for our yard. The roots are trying to grow up onto our patio, and under the fence into the neighbor's yard. We decided it needed to be cut down. So, this past weekend John went out to do it. While watching him get ready, I called my friend and told her that I thought one of three things was going to happen:
1. The tree was going to fall into our house
2. The tree was going to fall into our fence and the neighbor's house, or
3. The tree was going to fall on top of my husband.
I think she heard the concern in my voice because a few minutes later her husband knocks on the door and says he came over to help "Paul Bunyan" in the backyard (seriously we have the best friends in the world). The two of them got to work.
After they chopped a few branches off the tree, they cut a wedge into the trunk on the side they wanted it to fall (see they really are loggers). A few more passes with the saw and the tree came down!! Check out the slide show.
It appears my worries were for nothing. The tree fell exactly where they wanted it to and didn't take out our house, the neighbors, or the fence. I think the guys had a lot of fun chopping it down. Next time I'll just relax and let them do their thing!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I don't blame you for worrying! I would be too!
It looks like if he ever decides to change professions he has already found his skill :)Yeah, I would have been freaking out, too.
I'd be out there bossing.
He looks so proud of himself in that last shot. I have a feeling they might have been a little worried, too! hee hee:o)
Way to go!
I missed all the fun. Those macho men and their tools!
This brings to mind that old Monty Python song: I'm a Lumberjack and I'm okay!!
I guess your man is BETTER than okay!
Post a Comment