John and I have been married for almost 12 years now. Somewhere in the beginning of marriage you figure out that love isn't always "fairy tale-ish" but that it requires a lot of hard work, communication, and a LOT of unselfishness. Still, there are times when my heart still flutters when I think about John or when he does something little that shows he still cares.
I have been trying to clean one room every day of our Spring Break and the other day I got ambitious and decided to do some rearranging. I moved two dressers around. John happened to call while I was doing this and told me I had better stop it, that I shouldn't be moving things around when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant, that I was going to hurt myself or the baby. He said if I needed something moved that he could take care of it when he got home. He was right, I shouldn't have been moving furniture. Sometimes I get an idea in my head and I have to do it right away (I'm so impatient). It made me smile to hear the concern in his voice. It's just a little thing, but it's the little things I treasure.
Today we went to Skate City. While we were there, B found some money ($9) that someone had dropped on the floor. He wanted to keep it, but I told him we needed to take it to the lost and found. When we gave it to the lady she told us that we could check back and that if no one had claimed it we could keep it. When we were all done skating, we went back to the lost and found. It turns out that someone had claimed the money, but they were so grateful that it had been turned in that they left a dollar there for B. The lady who worked there gave B the dollar and thanked him for being such an honest young man. B was beaming all the way to the car!! Now he is trying to decide exactly what he should buy for $1. I love it when you are trying to be a good parent and teach your child values, and they get natural rewards for doing good. It sure makes my job a lot easier!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sometimes the hubbys don't even know how much the little things can make our day.
Isn't great when it pays to be honest and our children get to see that? Good Job B!
You are surrounded by such love, Rachael! Your husband and children are so terrific, and it seems like you are their center. What a loving, happy family. I so enjoy reading your posts. Thank you, friend!
I was laughing when I read about you moving furniture around. I did some pretty crazy stuff when I was prego too and got reprimanded by my hubby for it. Good for John. So cute. Way to go B for the honesty.
Post a Comment