
Really?? Ugh. I am seriously thinking about showing up in court, making a sarcastic comment like "All criminals should get the death penalty" and see if they will excuse me from service. Do you think that will work?
You know what is lovely?? First of all let me say that I am waaaayyyyyy to cheap to buy the "newborn" size clothes. Babies just grow out of them too fast. So for the first month or so, my kids have to wear clothes that are too big for them, because I buy the 0-3 month size which is usually too big for a newborn. Yesterday John brought home a bag full of "newborn" size clothes for my baby girl. A lady he works with sent them home with him. I have a whole wardrobe of newborn size clothes now, and they are sooooooo cute (and in great shape because they have only been used by one kid). Lots of little dresses and skirts. I am so excited to put them on her. She'll be my first kid who dresses cute for her first month of life! =) I love me some hand-me-downs.
One more lovely thing. John just called and asked if I wanted some maternity clothes from another lady at work. She's a real estate agent. Do you know how nice real estate agents dress? I'm super excited to see them. And another friend of mine told me she has some maternity skirts for me. Once again, I LOVE hand-me-downs!!



8 comments:
That would work to get out of jury duty if you made it to Voyeur Dois (SP?) w/ the attorneys and you were saying it seriously. and You made me think of your mom and how proud she would be of your thrifty comments about the clothes:)
Once the judge sees you, you should be excused from Jury Duty. It happened to my sister Kim. I love hand me downs too!!
I understand how you feel about jury duty, but I always think if all the good people (like you) don't like to serve, then all the skags will and that's who I'd get if I was on trial. Yucko!
And I don't think you're cheap, just practical. Heck, Kevin was almost 10 lbs when he was born, and had outgrown newborn clothing while still in the womb! So I think you're smart.
Hand me downs are the best. I would say 75% off all my kids clothes are. PLus my maternity. Next time get get pregnant I might have to buy some since there are some almost 18 yrs old
You won't have to serve. Being a SAHM with little kids and pregnant will excuse you in a second.
My kids have never worn newborn clothes. They usually start right off at the 3 months and move into 6 months by about 8 weeks.
You just reminded me that I really should call the court. I didn't show up to my summons. I ended up having Braedon 3 days before I was supposed to go. Guess calling in slipped my mind! :)
I really hope they don't issue warrants for not appearing...
I was a SHAM when I was called the first time and that didn't cancel me out. All they said about that "we will pay you $5 a day for childcare" But being pregnant might get you out of there--you know those raging hormones. You can only hope. Good luck with that.
I have some cute maternity tops if you want them. Pants not so much though-they might be a tad long on you.
Jury duty, not fun, but you do get paid child care....assuming you can find some child care. I too love hand me downs. Right now Aubrey has more shoes and jackets than anyone else, as a neighbor girl whose mom has a thing for jackets and shoes has been giving us all the out grown ones. Cool.
Post a Comment