Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Some Funny Things From My Daughter

Baby Girl has been cracking me up lately! She's likes to talk ALL the time, but doesn't always get the words just right, and I can tell that she has been picking up some words from her brothers too. Here are a few things she has said lately, mostly so I can remember:

The other day she wanted me to sing the Polish man song. I had no clue what she was talking about until she started banging her fist on her hand and singing "The Polish man built his house upon the sand". Ha Ha! It cracked me up. And every time we finish that verse she says "Oh, poor Polish man".

We were cleaning the boy's room the other day and I got the vacuum out and was running it. It stunk. I think the filter needs to be cleaned. Each of the boys came in and asked "what is that smell" to which I responded "the vacuum". Then Baby Girl came in, sniffed a few times, and asked "Who farted?" Of course all the boys fell on the floor laughing, and I have to admit, I thought it was funny too.

Yesterday we were at Costco. Baby Girl and I went into the produce fridge to get some strawberries. All the boys stayed outside the door because it was "too cold" inside. I told Baby Girl to tell the boys they were being babies and to come in the fridge. She turned around and said "Hey you ladies, it's not cold - get in here".

Ah, she makes me smile!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

I like to read stories about your daughter. So cute, funny and interesting to me since I only have boys. She's a delight.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

me too ; 0

Mel said...

She is so funny. Good thing you are writing these down so you can remember them. They are priceless.

Maryle said...

Ladies is even better than babies!

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I love when kids start talking up a storm...they say the "darndest things!" Thanks for sharing those jewels that make our day! Also, love the glasses on J...I guess he was more excited about wearing glasses than Jeremiah was when he got his. Already he is needing new glasses, as they are bent out of shape. I guess I will spend the big bucks and buy the memory frame ones this time!