Tuesday, March 30, 2010

1 Week Down, 1 To Go

We finished our first week of Spring Break and everyone is still alive!! (ha ha). We had so much fun last week going skating, going to the movies, and going to Happy Hour (at Sonic) but the most fun happened over the weekend. We decided to go up to Denver for the weekend. We stayed at a hotel (the kid's favorite part) and did some tours, went to a museum, and ate at Cafe Rio (Mom's favorite part). We had a lot of fun and were secretly hoping that it would blizzard Saturday night and close the highway down so we would be forced to stay another day and have some more fun!!

Here is what we did:

We toured the Denver mint Friday morning. Sorry no pictures, cameras are strictly forbidden. I thought it was interesting to see how coins are made, but I think my kids liked the gift shop more than the tour.

After that we ate here:

I LOVE this place. When we lived in Utah we ate here all the time. They just built one in Denver, and while we were there we found out that one is going to be built closer to us. Wahoo!! I'm so glad I don't have to drive 10 hours to eat here anymore!

That afternoon we checked into the hotel where the kids did plenty of this:
This guy was happy swimming around in the pool.

These two were just fine shooting everyone in the pool with the water blasters we got for $1 at Target.
And they liked sitting in the hot tub too. Oh how I wished I could have sat in the hot tub!!


The next day some of us did a tour here:


While some of us went to the Children's Museum. If you have never been here with your kids I would recommend it. Lots of fun stuff to do.

They had a cool station where the kids picked instructions for something they wanted to build. Everything you needed to build it was lined up along the wall and the kids got to sit there and hammer and build to their heart's content.

They also had a room that was set up like a grocery store. The kids went around with carts piling stuff in.

Then they went to "check out". This is where we spent most of our time. I guess it's fun to grocery shop when you can pile whatever you want into your cart and you don't actually have to pay for it!!


B loved going around the super market with the mop. I'm thinking future janitor?? =)



They also got to dress up like fireman and climb into a real fire truck with working lights.


.
Okay, maybe he's a future fireman!


Afterwards, we ate here:


It's a place called Cinzetti's. Have you ever been here? Oh my goodness, they have the BEST food. Every time we eat here I leave so full that I practically have to be wheeled out. Totally worth it though!!
Now I have to find some more fun things to do this week. I'm supposed to report for Jury Duty tomorrow so we'll see how that goes.

8 comments:

Maureen said...

It sounds as if you had the best week ever! We'll have to try those restaurants out. But I have to tell you, I don't think I've ever seen anything as cute as your little girls dressed as a fireman! So precious!

Maddy said...

I'm sooo behind on blogs, but I'm glad I checked yours out.

1. LOVE Cafe Rio. We are so lucky to have one here.

2. Very cool museum!

3. I would have gone in the hot tub. Not forever, but I hot tubbed while I was pregnant with all of my kids. In Norway they Sauna all through their pregnancies and they have great birthing rates.

4 FUN!!

Karina said...

You said my favorite 2 words ever! Cafe Rio...I would drive ten hours to eat there if we had one that close!

blueheronbobcat said...

Ohhhh, jury duty. Some people enjoy that but I dread it. I hope yours goes well. Sounds like you had a fun trip. B still has a ways to go before he has to decide on his profession, but maybe you could steer him toward brain surgeon or something like that!

Jamie said...

That's awesome that you guys could "go away" for spring break without having to go very far! We never made it to the mint place when we lived there. And I totally miss Cafe Rio, that's way exciting that you guys are going to get one close by!

Mel said...

Yea, I have to say that the hot tub is one of my favorite places to be. I grew up with one in my back yard, so I got spoiled and miss not having one at my disposal. Sounds like a great mini-vacation. Sometimes you just have to get away, even if it is just an hour away. Glad you had fun!

Unknown said...

My parents LOVE Cinzettis (not a spelling expert). I would love to check that place out. I love the Children's Museum. Their pics were so adorable, or is that taboo now that they're growing up? Anyway, they look great! I love the way you have the scrapbook page at the top of your blog!

Tara said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! I really wanna take our kids there and let 'em "shop"! They would LOVE that!

As for Cafe Rio... I know that everyone always RAVES about it, but is it really THAT good? I'm kinda a Chipotle girl... maybe I'll have to give it a shot. And that other one, Cinzetti's. I'm gonna have to get more info on that from you. We always go to Hacienda when we're up there. It might be fun to try something new!

Oh, and loved the pictures. The water looks SO blue!!