We've been having trouble with my van lately. Sometimes it decides it doesn't want to start. We have taken it in and had several things tested on it, and it always comes back fine. The mechanics don't know what to tell us. It has been beyond frustrating for me more than a few times when I have had to be somewhere, my car wouldn't start, and I ended up being late or not going. I was ready to pay any amount of money to someone that could just FIX MY DUMB CAR!
A few weeks ago I needed to take my kids to get shots. The car wouldn't start. John came over and jumped it for me and I only lost about 10 minutes of time. On the way to the doctor we came upon the scene of a horrible accident just as the emergency crews were arriving. The cars involved were severely mangled. It made me even later to my appointment which didn't make for a happy Mom. I didn't think much of this event until about a week later.
I needed to take my boy to scouts and go for a temple recommend interview and of course the car didn't start. Once again John came to the rescue and we were on our way, again about 10 minutes late. On the way there we came upon the scene of another severe accident. This time, the situation struck me.
Funny thing is, my car has worked fine since then. I can't help but think that my "dumb car" not starting has prevented me from being in not one, but two severe accidents. Would I have been involved in the crash? Who knows? But, I can't help but be thankful for a few inconveniences that made me miss both accidents entirely. I know that the Lord works in mysterious ways. So next time something doesn't seem to be going my way, instead of getting frustrated I will have a little more faith that maybe that inconvenience is saving me from an even bigger one.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
This is great! I needed that reminder today.
I have those same thoughts too! I am a firm believer that there are no consequences. You are always being watched over, my sweet friend!
That is an awesome way to look at and I tend to agree w/ you
I've had several of those experiences. You never know what may have been, but I'm glad I've never found out. Glad it's working better for now at least!
I've had several incidences like that. It's so wonderful to see how Heavenly Father is watching out for us and protecting us. Way to go for recognizing it!
I have had those same moments where I think, "If I hadn't forgotten something in the house and had to run back inside I might have been in that accident..." I hope your car decides to start behaving! Car troubles are the worst!
Post a Comment