A couple days ago me and thousands of my friends =) went to the Sky Sox game. It is the amateur baseball team here that feeds into the Rockies. The stadium is about 5 minutes from our house and on Tuesdays everyone gets in for $2. It is cheap family fun!! I having been dying to try out my long range lens so I brought it to the game and snapped some pictures.
Here are the thousands of friends I was talking about! Yep, these are my peeps!

We were about a half hour late to the game, and when we got there we were already down 0-4. Yeah, we never caught up either.

This guy was pitching when we got there.

Then they had a "conference" at the mound. I imagine it went something like this:
"Dude, you stink. Bring in the other pitcher."

So this guy came in.

I tried to take a group shot of everyone but everytime the camera came out suddenly everyone had something else to look at. NERDS!!

And everyone loves this guy, of course. He is very hard to take a picture of from far away. He never holds still!!


I'm sure we'll go back for plenty more $2 Tuesdays before the summer is over. What is summer without baseball??
6 comments:
LOVE Sky Sox games! And Sox the Fox is awesome! My kids love going, too. Maybe we'll see ya'll there sometime!
GREAT pix, btw!
Did you see us in that crowd pix you took? We were there too that night and must have just gotten there before you cuz we saw the first 4 runs of the game and they were not pretty---actually the whole game was horrible, but it is always fun to go----especially when it only cost our family $4 bucks to get in. Gotta love those school coupons!! However, your pictures turned out better than mine---I need to get me one of those lenses!!!
I have the same problems with the people I am trying to get pictures of--they always look away. Dang it!
Were you near the guy that got globbered with the foul ball? (That one hurt for sure)
How fun!!! You can't beat $2 a game! Score!!! Great job with the lens... :)
Yeah! We loved the few times a year we attended the Sky Sox games. Looks like fun, but where is your baby?
Oh boy, I love going to the Sky Sox games....so much fun. And I love how they gear it towards families too. Glad you had fun, but where's the picture of you???
Great commentary with the photos. Sounds like a fun time. What long range lens did you get? I have to find time to keep up with your blog.
Post a Comment